Every Wednesday, from 09/12/2018 to 10/24/2018, 6:00 PM - 6:45 PM
Are you looking for new realizations in your spiritual life? Would you like to try different methods of contemplation and prayer, to see which one(s) might fit with your life and lifestyle? There are so many! Join Kay Gilbert and friends for these stand-alone introductions to different practices of contemplation. Come to one or several or all. Come as you are.
Each Wednesday we will follow this schedule:
6:00 PM Greet & Eat - bring your own brown-bag supper & meet friends
6:10 PM Lecture - a brief lecture will introduce a selected practice of contemplation
6:25 PM Practice - together we will "sample" the selected practice of contemplation
6:40 PM Sharing - together we will reflect on our experience
6:45 PM Sanctuary - all are invited to carry a contemplative spirit to the Sanctuary in advance of the 7 PM Sunset Worship and Bible Study
- What In The World Are Contemplative Practices & Who Cares Anyway?
- Christian Meditation: Do I Have To Sit On A Cushion Cross-Legged?
- Centering Prayer: You Mean Listening to God Is A Real Thing?
- What Do You Hear In Lectio Divina?
- Contemplative Prayer: How's This Different From Centering Prayer?
- Private Devotionals & Prayer: Do I Have To Get Up Early Every Morning?
- Meditative/Reflective Journaling: Really ??
- Deep Listening In Social Justice: Hearing That Neighbor Jesus Talked About
- Using A Sacred Mantram: Show Me The Data On That One!
- Meditative Retreats: Do We Have To Go To The Mountains?
- The Range of Christian Pilgrimage: Do I Have To Get On My Knees?
- Contemplative Art: Does It Have To Be All The Apostles Or Mary Holding Jesus?
- Sacred Nature: Noticing My World With Gratitude
- Make a Joyful Noise Unto The Lord: Music & Singing!